April 17, 2013

perceptions

I struggle with feeling inferior, like, a lot.  And I'm not sure why really.  I just always seem to be one step below everyone for some reason or another.  But I should know by now that there is always going to be someone skinnier, smarter, cuter, funnier, happier, or nicer than I consider myself to be.  Because the people I see aren't always people.  The real kind that are honest and true and vulnerable like I try to be.  They're perceptions, images of who I make them out to be in this constantly over thinking head of mine.

It's not right, I know it's not.  The Bible tells us not to compare ourselves, I know that.  I can't help but thinking, "Well he's dating her instead of me because she's prettier" or "He's so much smarter than me, I wish I was a good test taker like him."

Maybe I'm rambling, actually I know I am, but I just need to throw this out there.  I can honestly say that I blog more for me than for you now.

Does anyone else only see perceptions?  Or am I the only one who feels surrounded by beautiful, smart, happy people while I'm fighting to keep my head above water and be "normal"?

"I don't want to be perceived the way I am, I just want to be perceived the way I am." -Relient K

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey! thanks for leaving me a comment. you're rad.