March 22, 2013

words

I know that I said I was done with blogging and that I needed to live life.  Well, I'm living life.  But I miss blogging.  I miss it immensely.  It's like it's in my blood-- the need to write I mean.  I guess you could call it a God-inspired passion.  It's something I do naturally, comes easily.  Like I don't even have to think about it.  My fingers flow across the keyboard as if it's a familiar rhythm, and the words in my head are like lyrics to my favorite songs--  they're not going anywhere.  And I have to get them out, I just have to.  Because maybe my words will bring a smile to someone's face, tears to someone's eyes, a question to someone's heart.  And maybe that question will leave them in a search for something more, Someone bigger than you and me and everything we think is significant.

I've worried about comments and followers and inferiority long enough.  My words may not sound like a critiqued novel.  I might not speak in romantic language that causes your heart to sigh dreamily.  But if I can't ramble, if I can't write, it's like I might as well not exist.  If I can't tell about my passions, my failures, my heartaches, my struggles, then why am I here?

I am here to write words.  I am here to speak them.  Maybe someone will read them.  Maybe someone will listen.  And my heart spilled on paper will not be in vain.

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this, and I am SOOO glad you're back blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaaahhh hi anna how exciting you're here. I so get why you blog, write <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. like this and thankful that you decided to not suppress God given passions... Use them with Him in mind and giving Him glory and watch hearts change and soften through your willingness girl.

    Blessings,

    ♥CheChe

    ReplyDelete
  4. yess!! i can completely relate :) i had sort of given up on blogging too, but then one day i decided to sit down and the words just poured out. writing just makes sense, you know? looking forward to reading pieces of your wonderful heart :)

    welcome back to the blogging world!

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

hey! thanks for leaving me a comment. you're rad.