September 5, 2013

what i was made for

I wasn't made to piece together vibrant outfits that catch the eye,
Or focus cameras to take photographs.  I wasn't made to
Wear thick eyeliner or red lipstick or high heels that click as you walk.
I wasn't made to run miles at a time, or drink fancy coffees of all different flavors.
I don't carry a moleskin, sketch what I see, or enjoy only indie music.  I wasn't made
To read magazines and pose perfectly for pictures or be pretty.  I was made for
Running after little 2nd graders with curly hair named Apollo, and laughing
The good, deep kind of laugh that you feel in your soul.  I was made for dreaming of
Kenya and the people I will meet there and how I will hold them
In my heart.  I was made for 2-hour phone calls with Kathryn rambling on about
Relient K and our college plans that will soon be reality.  I was made for taking
Goofy pictures on Photobooth and schmoozing over Chris Hemsworth with Shan.  I was made for
Talking to Andrew about every topic under the moon just because.  I was made
To write letters to Chelsy and let her know she's not alone.  I was made to sing along
With Matt Thiessen as Life After Death (And Taxes) plays and claim him as my best friend
Even though he doesn't know my name.  I listen, I hug, I wipe tears, I tell stories.
I wasn't made to impress people;
I was made to love them.

1 comment:

hey! thanks for leaving me a comment. you're rad.